Reconnecting with prospects usually isn’t as simple as it sounds. Many times, our prospects go silent unexpectedly. Usually, we just didn’t have enough time to follow up with them, or they just simply interest. But lost prospects mean lost sales, so it’s important to have a plan when yours go MIA. Many salespeople aren’t aware that a prospect gone cold isn’t always a lost cause. So, it’s important to know what may be happening to give you the edge.
Why Prospects Stop Responding
There are a variety of reasons why a contact may stop responding. Prospects have regular lives and sometimes conversations are simply buried or forgotten. Other times, the prospect just doesn’t have the resources they need from their supervisor to make the final call. Therefore, let’s not put all the blame on ourselves or the prospects and see what can be done!
6 Ways You Can Reconnect with Prospects Better
Today we are going to share with you 6 important points to easily reconnect with your prospects that have gone silent.
- Re-evaluate your Value Proposition. We have always stressed about the importance of curating your content and pitch for every single prospect separately. When reconnecting with prospects, we advise you to visit your pitch again and see if there’s room for improvement. Finding that missing “something’ in your value proposition can make a pitch more interesting for a specific client.
- Connect & Follow your Prospects on Social Channels. Reconnecting with your prospects via social media is another step a sales person shouldn’t miss out on. We’re not saying that you follow every single person in your list. But, do follow and connect with prospects you had good conversations with. This will elevate the relationship to a more personal level.
- Make More Friends within a Company. You as a sales person shouldn’t rely on a single person within a company to get your deal closed. You can vastly increase the chances of closing a deal by having more decision makers at your side.
- Get a Referral. An important technique is to get a referral through your existing clients who know your prospects. Because it’s always hard to trust a seller off the bat, a genuine review or referral can give prospects a boost of confidence in your offering.
- Relevant Digital Content Gives More Color. Digital media has taken over the advertisement industry by a storm. Though we are bombarded by digital ads on our devices, one can’t say that digital content has lost its affect. So if you have your own digital content, or if you come across meaningful digital content from some other publisher, it’s good to share it with the prospects that you think will benefit from this information.
- Being classy leaves a lasting impression. Though it’s the digital age of emails and text messages, we still get excited whenever we receive an old-fashioned paper envelope! Do send an envelope with some sort of a gift card or an invitation for a cup of coffee. This would be a great way of restarting a relation with some heat!
In closing, maintaining relationships with customers should never keep you alert and hypersensitive. Instead, maintain your business relationships just like you would your normal relationships and make things easier for both you and your prospects.